Golf Breaks on the Beautiful Yorkshire Coast
Yorkshire is home to some of the finest golf courses in Britain. On our door step are Scarborough’s North and South Cliff courses, the world famous Ganton, a venue for the Walker Cup, and the hidden gem of Filey Golf Club.
Walking and Cycling in North Yorkshire.
The Weston Hotel is the ideal base for activity breaks.
With the Cleveland Way on our door step you can choose a gentle stroll along the cliff tops or a more energetic hike to either Filey or Robin Hood’s Bay. A short drive in the car will take you to the North Yorkshire Moors National Park with its miles of walking trails, bridle paths and cycle ways.
The old Railway line runs for 20 miles between Scarborough and Whitby apart from a small section at Robin Hoods Bay the route is completely off road. As well as being part of the National Cycle Network it forms part of the moors to sea cycle route.
We have drying facilities for walking clothes and a boot cleaning area. Undercover storage is available for bikes.
Whatever the season there is always lots to do in Scarborough and the surrounding North Yorkshire Moors & Coast. We’ve put together just a few suggestions to complement our fantastic seasonal tariffs.
Warming temperatures and lengthening days; more daylight for getting out and about.
- The historic South Cliff gardens burst in to spring colour right on our door step.
- Drive across the Moors to Whitby, stopping off at Robin Hoods Bay.
- Gannets and puffins make an appearance at Bempton Cliffs.
- Beneath the cliffs at Ravenscar, Common Seal colonies come ashore to nurture their young.
Our Spring rates start 2nd February and run through to the end of May.
Here’s just a few examples of our available tariffs.
DINNER, BED and BREAKFAST
February & March from £50.00 per person per night.
April from £55.00 per person per night.
May from £60.00 per person per night.
It's a time for getting outdoors, enjoying long lazy days on Scarborough’s Golden Sands.
- Fossil hunting, rock pooling, beach combing, fishing, boat trips, rock hopping, the list is endless.
- For those seeking little more action there’s surfing, biking, sea kayaking, gliding and horse riding.
- Watch a performance of the famous Spa Orchestra; if that’s not your genre there’s a great summer line up at the Open Air Theatre and the Stephen Joseph Theatre.
- North Yorkshire Moors steam railway – we have discount vouchers available for our overnight guests.
Summer 2017 rates start from £50.00 per person BED AND BREAKFAST when staying in a contemporary inland room. Rooms with a sea-view start from £55.00 per person.
Dinner inclusive packages are available - just ask our reservation team for further details.
The days may be shorter but there is still plenty to see and do.
- The cooler months are perfect for walking & cycling. Check out the North Yorkshire Moors website for the Moor to Sea Cycle Network and a fantastic series of downloadable walks.
- In the autumn, whales move south along the east coast of Yorkshire, following the shoals of mackerel and herring. Visit www.whitbywhalewatching.co.uk for more details.
- Take a drive over the North Yorkshire Moors and admire the stunning purple heather.
Our Autumn breaks are available from 1st October.
DINNER, BED AND BREAKFAST starting from Just £55.00 per person – sea-view rooms available with a small supplement.
Sometimes there's nothing better than a bracing winter walk by the sea; but there’s plenty to do indoors if that’s not your thing.
- The Rotunda Museum and Scarborough Art gallery both well worth a visit.
- Scarborough Sea Life Sanctuary – with Yorkshire’s only seal hospital.
- Winter is the best time to look to the sky. The North York Moors & Coast are one of the best areas in the country to see stars, because of the low light pollution levels and clear horizons.
- Castle Howard house and 1,000 acre estate - open all year round.
- Just relax, read the paper and enjoy the views.
November and December, we offer a double / twin room with spectacular sea-view starting from just £55.00 per person DINNER, BED AND BREAKFAST.
Telephone 01723 373423 for our best available rates.