The hotel is over one hundred years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. However, as we refurbish the hotel we have been able to improve the facilities and intend to continue making improvements to access as and when work takes place.
Prior to your arrival
- Please explain any individual needs to our reception team who will be able to advise on the most suitable options
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel we are happy to organise one on your behalf
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- Parking is on-street surrounding the hotel for which permits are provided free of charge
- There are eleven steps up into the hotel with handrails on both sides alternatively; six steps down provide access to the lower ground floor for those who may have difficulty using the main entrance steps to the hotel
- Wheelchair access is available via the rear entrance to the hotel – although not ideal it does provide access to the lift, which in turn gives access to all main floors
- We are more than happy to help with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room.
- All public areas of the hotel are fully accessible to all, with level flooring of either polish wood or short pile carpet throughout
- Access between floors is by stairs or the lift
- Braille signage is provided within the lift
- Unisex public toilets are situated on the ground floor, with a separate disabled cubicle.
- All rooms are en-suite, with a non-slip surface in the bathroom
- The bathrooms are level access
- Reception will assist visitors with messages if required – there are no phones in the rooms
- The interior of the hotel is designed to clearly differentiate between walls, floors, and doorways.
Restaurant Bar & lounges
- The restaurant is spacious with a variety of seating arrangements.
- Menus are provided on each table and can be presented verbally if requested.
- Allergies and specific food intolerances are fully catered for, although we cannot guarantee against trace elements.
- Medication may be stored in the hotel fridge.
- The hotel restaurant, bar & lounges are on the ground floor.
- Background music is played in the bar and restaurant.